Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Three Procedures on How to Password Protect MS Word 2010 Document

We are all familiar with Word document. We all know that a Word document can help us write down a long story, a short article, or a plan. As a matter of fact, Word document is frequently used in business. We may know that how to describe our ideas on a Word document, but few of us know how to make a table on a Word document. That is because we are used to take advantage of the Excel spreadsheet to create a form. We may know how to send an email to others, but few of us use the Word to do this. That is because we are used to other email service. Anyway, the function of a Word document is not as simple as we thought.



For instance, I have installed my Word 2010 document for two years, but I have mastered few functions of it. What I used most is how to use bold fonts, how to change fonts and colors, how to select the font size, how to set the italic fonts, how to underline the fonts, how to copy, cut and paste the words, how to change a text style, how to manage text alignment and so on. But I have never studied how to password protect in Word 2010 document before. So I search online and share it here with you.

How to password protect a Word 2010 document on your own? In other words, how to create a password on a Word document in 2010, before searching I thought that is as complicated as registering a website account, after that I understand it is so simple, you can see the steps as below.

Procedure 1: Open the Word 2010 document that is not been password protected, click the Office button and then click the third-last icon named Prepare of the eight Word options you see.

Procedure 2: Click Encrypt Document on the three sub option of the seven options. Then you can password protect Word document in 2010. Pay attention to the alert that your password is case sensitive.

Procedure 3: After typing your password, you can close your document or continue to edit it. Don't forget that the next time you have to type the correct password on this Word 2010 document in order to open it.

It is much easier than I imagined, now I know how to password protect a Word document 2010 and with these three steps on Word 2010 password protect, I can encrypt my Word 2010 document now.

By the way, the Internet users also leave a message that if we lost the password, we can use a SmartKey Word Password Recovery program to unlock it, for more detail information about it you can check out http://lnkd.in/dkb7y6.

1 comment:

  1. Recently I have read this blog and apply how to password protect MS Word 2010 in my computer. Really it works with instantly.

    ReplyDelete